Monday, October 12, 2009

day off

This morning I woke up at 6 am because my boyfriend didn't correctly set the alarm. So I got up on my day off and drove him about a hour away to his university. I sit there for 3 hours and watched the old tv series Dinosaurs. Then we headed back home to discover that my car's ac has stopped working. We stopped to check the fuse box but of course it started raining. Then we couldn't get the defroster to work. It was great fun. I decided we should go to Applebees for buffalo wing appetizers. However, we didn't mention we wanted appetizers and wouldn't you know it, they have a $15 meal option. So our $12 lunch became $35. Wooooohoooooo! Didn't properly budget for that but we went ahead to HEB and grabbed the stuff to make pumpkin and pecan pies. We also grabbed some stuff for pork chops. The first pecan pie was ruined because I had grabbed the baker's vanilla extract which only requires half of the recipe amount. The pies didn't turn out correctly, pecan pie was cooked too long and the pumpkin pie wasn't cooked long enough. I used beer, season all, and italian dressing on the pork chops. 2 in beer and 2 in the italian dressing. They turned out pretty good. Now I'm relaxing with the remaining bottle of beer I used for seasoning. ;) what a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment