What is wrong with people these days? Kids are cussing out principals and parents are backing them up? However, I give a kid a 90 on a stupid project and all of a sudden I've found myself in a meeting at the vice principal's office with my supervising teacher, assistant principal, and the parent who doesn't understand why her child didn't get 6 extra points. Did I mention the whole she already has an A thing???? Not only that but I've found that there is one class that every time I open my mouth the supervising teacher always, ALWAYS contradicts what I say. I tell the class 'Use significant digits' and five seconds later she says 'Ya'll shouldn't be using significant digits on this paper just go to the second decimal place.' Then, I am explaining the correct equation to use to find the answer and she interrupts me to tell them a different equation. Problem is that equation solves for the wrong answer. What about when I'm actually giving a lecture over respect and the zero amount that I receive from my class and she opens her mouth to tell them 'When I'm not here Ms. Smith* has the same amount of authority as I do.' UGH! I needed her to just sit there and listen not interrupt me to say something that implies that while she's in the classroom then I have no authority. Then I had a student who just walks out of class after wasting the entire period being disruptive. Seriously? You couldn't just average the mass of 10 pennies? No, you have to be a nuisance all class period and then get pissed off and walk out. LACK OF RESPECT! I'll tell you what needs to happen. Parents need to stop making stupid excuses for their kids and maybe discipline them so that when another adult tells them to do something they don't get cussed out or punched or shot at. Maybe the parents should just stay out of it and let the teacher's raise their kids with the option of discipling them too 'cause honestly this whole you-raise-them-until-I-decide-I-want-to-take-the-reins-back thing is a little annoying... Just saying.
*Alias name to protect my anonymity
No comments:
Post a Comment